[Brief] MSD Administration staff hands out candy before the Halloween weekend

Assistant Principals David Lecthman and Kristine Knap hand out candy to students in the 200 building classrooms during second period on Oct. 28 before the Halloween weekend.

Kate Becker, Senior News Editor

On Friday, Oct. 29, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School administration handed out candy to classrooms all over campus to celebrate Halloween, which is on Sunday.

Principal Michelle Kefford and other staff, including Assistant Principals David Lecthman and Anna Koltunova, went to all the rooms on campus handing out a variety of candy while playing fun staple Halloweeen music.

“Administration made my Friday a little more enjoyable, everyone loves candy,” senior Anthony Touris said.

Each of them wore bright shiny silver wigs and periodic table shirts with elements [As] and [P.] However, instead of standing for the elements arsenic and phosphorus, they altered it to stand for Principal or Assistant Principal with the atomic numbers being the current school year 2021-2022.

The event is in coordination with Red Ribbon week as well, which supports refraining from consumption of drugs and alcohol. Friday is “Say ‘Boo’ to Drugs Day” where students and staff are encouraged to wear school appropriate Halloween costumes, demonstrated by administration.