PSAT score analysis webinar for students and parents on Jan. 25

College Board

Flyer regarding web seminar for students and parents to understand PSAT scores.

Alison LaTorre, Associate Editor-in-Chief

After taking the Practice SAT in October students wait about two month for their results, given through the College Board website. On Jan. 25, students and parents will have the chance to join a web seminar and have their PSAT score explained and broken down.

The College Board Florida Partnership is hosting the seminar at 6pm, to explain how the PSAT scores important information for students when they will take the SAT. It will go into detail of a predicted SAT score, and student progress moving towards the college readiness benchmark.

Students can join this seminar through a link located on the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School website.

The student’s College Board account will link to Khan Academy and provide lessons to work on each aspect of the SAT. It will cater to each individual students’ strengths and weaknesses rather than being a broad review.

For MSD students looking for a way to review for the SAT/ACT and improve their scores, MSD has free Saturday practices. The dates are as follows: Jan. 22 and 29, Feb. 5, 12 and 26, March 5 and 12, April 2, 9, 23 and 30 and May 7 and 14. Students can work on math and English with MSD teachers to help prepare for questions seen on the test itself.

Students can sign up for this course by arriving at school at 8:30 a.m. and signing in at the desk located in front of the guidance office.