[Brief] MSD hosts annual Curriculum Night

Glory Lee

In the newspaper classroom, freshman Mariapaz Santacoloma and sophomore Briana Martin take pride in being a part of the Eagle Eye publication offered at MSD. They will be participating in Curriculum Night this upcoming Thursday.

Ashveen Saini, Social Media Editor

On Thursday, Feb. 10, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School will be holding its annual Curriculum Night. This Curriculum Night is for eighth grade students and their parents, who plan to or are considering attending MSD next year. By attending Curriculum night, students and parents have the opportunity to learn about all the elective classes MSD has to offer.

Rising freshmen will be able to ask questions they might have about certain courses offered by MSD. They will also be able to gain knowledge of different programs and clubs the school provides.

The night begins at 5:00 p.m. with Pre-Program meetings such as the ESE informational meeting which will be held in room 211 and a Gifted informational meeting which will be held in the media center.

The official Curriculum Night will begin at 6:00 p.m., which will start with a general informational meeting in the auditorium and will last till 6:30 p.m.

After the informational meeting teachers and their clubs/courses will be located in the cafeteria to answer questions students and parents might have till 8:00 p.m.

Special programs include Culinary, ROTC, Band, Orchestra, Drama, Athletics, Peer Counseling, Yearbook, Newspaper, Drama, Academy of Finance, etc.

“It is important that freshmen get involved right away so Curriculum Night is a good way for students to get involved earlier especially with a club like Key Club,” junior and Key Club vice president Lindsay Nattis said.

With Curriculum Night special programs and clubs will be able to reach out to students who may be interested in what they offer. With their output, upcoming students will be able to decide early on what they would like to participate in during their high school career.