[Brief] MSD Prom permission slip collection and ticket distribution at L-counter ends Friday, April 29

Haley Jackson

Once students turn in the proper paperwork, they will receive their prom ticket and a cookie. Prom is set to take plan on Saturday, May 7 at 7 p.m. at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.

Haley Jackson, Section editor

Beginning on Monday, April 25, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Student Government Association began accepting prom permission slips. In order to retrieve their prom ticket, students are required to complete the prom permission slip. This form can be found on the MSD website, the class of 2022 canvas course or via remind.

If students purchased a ticket for a date, they must also fill out the date approval form in addition to their permission slip. The second form can be completed for dates that attend another Broward County Public School and the third form is for dates that either attend a private school or are a non-student. In addition to parent approval, students must also obtain written approval from the guidance department and grade level Assistant Principal Sandra Davis.

Prom permission slips can be turned in at the L-counter in the cafeteria during both A and B lunches. The last day to turn in permission slips is Friday, April 29. Upon turning in the proper paperwork, students will receive their prom ticket(s) as well as a cookie, both of which convey the casino theme.

Prom will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022 at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.