[Review] ‘The Kissing Booth 3’ is the perfect ending to a good story

The+official+poster+of+The+Kissing+Booth+3.+The+movie+was+released+on+Aug.+11%2C+2021.+

Photo courtesy of Netflix

The official poster of “The Kissing Booth 3.” The movie was released on Aug. 11, 2021.

Alison LaTorre, Associate Editor-in-Chief

On Wednesday, Aug. 11, Netflix released “The Kissing Booth 3,” supposedly the last movie of the “Kissing Booth” series. Since the release of the second movie, “The Kissing Booth 2,” fans have been waiting at the edge of their seats over a year.

Elle Evans (Joey King) is a girl who recently graduated high school alongside her best friend since birth, Lee Flynn (Joel Courtney).

The two friends have a set of rules, one of which being that Elle can not date Lee’s older brother, Noah Flynn (Jacob Elordi.) This is the rule that the past two movies have been based upon, as Elle and Noah began dating at the end of the first movie.

The main group of friends portrayed in the series, including side characters Rachel (Meganne Young) and Chloe Winthrop (Maisie Richardson-Sellers,) spend the summer before college at a beach house the Flynn family is selling. The characters try to have fun while cleaning up the house for viewing.

This film also gives the audience a peak of the characters’ future. The plan for the first movie was for Lee and Elle to go to school together, but when Elle gets accepted to both Noah’s and Lee’s colleges, she has to make a tough choice. Elle has trouble deciding what she wants to do in the future, a feeling that many teenagers can relate to.

Similar to the first two movies, Elle has drama concerning her relationship with Noah and Lee, frequently having to pick between the two. She tries to make everyone around her happy, causing her to forget about her own happiness. In the last film she attempts to find herself and put herself first for once. “The Kissing Booth 3” is a movie that is meant to help girls find their meaning and interests independently, while still being able to care about others.

This movie has its own type of humor, it is not so much physical humor, but more relatable humor. The movie has a lot of jokes made that people today can relate to. It is set in the present, 21st century so there are a lot of scenes that the audience can relate to. The audience is able to appreciate modern music, style, language and much more.

A part of the movie that I believe should’ve been changed is the ending. The movie skips six years and shows where all the characters are in that point of their lives. The characters have been through so much together and after watching the entire series, it was disappointing to see that they all went their separate ways.

The actors in this movie help watchers relate to their struggles and to try and relate to what the characters are going through. They try to tell people that it is okay to not have your life figured out yet. They also help viewers realize everyone makes mistakes. Throughout the movie, Elle messes up several times in her relationships, and by the end one can learn that everyone messes up sometimes.

“The Kissing Booth 3” is about how various paths of life can always be difficult but eventually they all come back together for the better. This movie explains how although friendships could mean everything at the moment, it’s important to remember that you have to save time for yourself.