Kardashian sisters discussing their apps at the Apple launch in Soho.

Kardashian Apps Expand their Multimillion Dollar Empire

This fall, the Kardashian sisters released their lifestyle apps which have become the newest addition to their successful entertainment platform.They have done it all from a reality show, clothing line, jewelry line, makeup brand, hair accessories, video games, and much more but now the famous sisters have found a way to make a profit from the social media aspect of their industry.

Kim Kardashian West, Khloe Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, and Kylie Jenner all released their apps to document their lives with their fans and share information that people may not know about them from just watching their infamous reality show, Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

Fans of the sisters who download their apps can view their beauty looks, stylish outfits, favorite products, and other lifestyle preferences. All four of the apps allow the Kardashian sisters to be able to live stream with fans across the world in order to answer their questions.

For each sister’s app the central focus relates to their individualistic style as Kim focuses on her new fashion trends, Khloe on her fitness, Kendall on her work in the modeling industry, and Kylie on her beauty tips.

The apps are free to download but cost come with a three-dollar subscription fee each month. After Apple’s release to the public, the apps rose up to the top of the Apple Store Charts.

“I think the Kardashians are very amusing to watch, but I don’t see the purpose in charging their fans,” junior Alexa Luboff said.

Although there are some debates over the cost of the apps, they were also launched with a website for each sister that contains similar features to the apps. Each sister has made a successful profit from their launch, especially the baby of the family, Kylie.

For the first two days after the apps releases, Kylie’s was number two on the Apple charts for the most downloaded free app. According to Apptopia, Kylie will make an estimate of 1.5 million dollars from her app within its first year.

“I believe that these new lifestyle apps are a great source of entertainment,” sophomore Abby Johnston said. “Through these apps, I believe that you are getting a better understanding of what is actually going on in their private lives that they wouldn’t typically share.”

The oldest Kardashian sister, Kourtney Kardashian, did not release an app at the same time as her sisters, but she announced that it would be coming out by the end of the year. The delays were discussed with Kourtney when the sisters had an Apple Store app launch where she explained that she wanted to spend a little more time creating her app to make sure it was perfect for its release.

Kourtney’s app will be mostly focused on her life as a mom of three and tips she has for mothers.

“As much as people give them hate for their actions on the show, in actuality they are successful business women and their apps only prove that more,” Junior Julia Sherman said.

The Kardashian’s brands are only expanding and now that they have all branched out individually to create their own apps; it is evident that there is no limitation to what their empire can do.

View Comments (1)
$655
$1200

$655
$1200

• D

Denise SantiagoOct 30, 2015 at 7:12 am

Great job Makayla. So proud of you and your writing….

Reply