The iPhone 13 is offically ready for purchase

Apple

New tech. The iPhone 13 now comes in the color pink with the new camera layout. While the cameras were previously vertical, they now have a diagonal camera view with the most advanced dual-camera system ever.

Trista Mungal, Writer

On Tuesday, Sept. 14, Apple announced the release of the iPhone 13. The device, which starts at the price of $699, became officially available for purchase on Friday, Sept. 24.

The iPhone 13 has several new features, one of them being an updated camera system. The iPhone 13 has one of the “biggest camera upgrades ever”, including the new cinematic mode, which “adds shallow depth of field automatically,” Apple said on their website. The pro models have macro mode which lets you take detailed, close-up photos, similar to a high quality camera.

“I think that it looks just like the iphone 12 and there were no updates to the exterior of the phone. So the only thing different would just be the colors and the cameras,” Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School freshman Sveneska Maharaj said.

The iPhone 13 has the same design and so-called ‘boxy look’ as the iPhone 12. The look of the phone is also the same design as the iPhone 5. This year Apple added multiple new colors to the line up such as pink, starlight, sierra blue and gold.

“I think the design of the iPhone compared to last year is kind of the same. But I do like how they add new colors to choose which makes the phones stand out from other competitors,” sophomore Gabby Gilmore said.

The new iPhone also has an A15 Bionic chip, which is the world’s fastest chip in any smartphone. They have a ceramic shield tougher than any other smartphone. All of the models have an all-screen OLED display, whilst the iPhone 13 pro models have the “ProMotion” feature. All the models also have a smaller notch at the top for more screen area.

Despite the iPhone 13 not including a power adapter nor earpods like previous years, the it will be shipped with a usb-c to lighting cable in the box.

“With a USB-C to Lightning cable, you can charge and sync your AirPods, AirPods Pro, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, charge a Siri Remote, and more,” Apple said on their website.

The lowest amount of storage available on the iPhone 13 is 128GB, compared to 64GB on the iPhone 12. However, on the pro models you can receive up to 1TB of storage, whilst on the 13 and 13 mini you can get up to 512GB, compared to 256 GB on the iPhone 12.

There are various sizes and prices in the iPhone 13. The iPhone 13 mini is 5.4 inches starting at $699. The iPhone 13 is 6.1 inches and starts at $799. The iPhone 13 pro is 6.1 inches and starts at $999. Ultimately, the iPhone 13 pro max is 6.7 inches and starts at $1099.

This iPhone release has had many mixed reactions. Some individuals were quick to buy the newly released devices while others have chosen to keep their same phone from the previous release. Numerous consumers dislike that their iPhone 13 purchases do not come with adapters included in their boxes. Instead, these adapters have to be purchased separately for $19.

This is the newest iPhone to enter into the Apple family and it’s an exciting new welcome. With all of its new features one of the best iPhones to ever be released. If you are looking for a new phone with a good camera this is the one for you.