[Brief] BCPS hosts Rally To Tally in Tallahassee next year

Broward County Public Schools has brought back the annual Rally to Tally. Rally to Tally is an event in which high school students are able to represent their school district in Tallahassee from Jan. 16-18, 2024. This is an opportunity for students to advocate for legislative ideas regarding education. The event is only open to students in grades 10-12.

In order to be considered, students must fill out a Microsoft form. This form requires details such as name, grade level, school name, and medical issues. In addition, students must write a 500 word essay and record a two minute video detailing why they should be chosen. The application was due Friday, Oct. 27 at 5 p.m.

The trip will be fully paid for by BCPS, therefore students will not have to pay to attend. However, if a student decides to drop out after being selected, or has to be sent home due to inappropriate behavior, they are required to pay the cost of the trip, which is $521.

The form, as well as additional information, can be accessed on Canvas announcements of the student’s graduating class.