• May 19MSD men's baseball team wins state championship 3-2 for fourth year in a row

[Brief] Seniors at MSD prepare for graduation

Seniors at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School are preparing for their graduation on Saturday, June 8 at Nova Southeastern University and students are getting done with finals as well as the mandatory requirements to graduate.

Graduation is in the Rick Case Arena and will start at 8.00 a.m. Students must arrive by 6.30 a.m.by the loading dock and guests may enter an hour before the ceremony starts.

To graduate, seniors will need an unweighted GPA of 2.0 and 24 required credits. All graduation required classes must be passed and the last day to complete FLVS or Edmentum classes was on Wednesday, May 1.

The checklist will need to be done before graduation which is on the MSD website under Senior Class Graduation Information. The list includes finishing a senior survey, applying for FAFSA, completing credit recovery and transcripts.

The senior survey is mandatory for all seniors and is the only way for colleges to receive their final transcripts. The survey can be found in Clever on the app Xello and is at the bottom of the homepage. The survey includes information on scholarships, clubs and volunteer organizations.

Information for graduation was explained on Monday, May 20 during second period. The assembly was in the auditorium and the presentation can be found under the Class of 2024 Canvas page. The assembly covered caps and gowns, textbook return and graduation, as well as tickets for graduation.

Senior exams are taking place the week of May 20-23. The exams are during first and second period and after will be a regular school day. Students will have the option to sign out early by filling out the early sign out authorization form, which can be found under the Class of 2024 Canvas page.

Senior week will take place the week of May 28 to June 3, where students can pick up their cap and gown as well as their tickets for graduation. Seniors will have to enter through the red gates between the 700 and 800 building and have their ID out so they can get their Senior Passport. The passport will be signed by a MSD member showing that graduation requirements have been met. Afterwards, they will go into the auditorium to get their cap, gown and tickets and can either go to class or leave campus.

If students are not able to go during senior week then they can pick up their tickets, cap and gown on Thursday, June 6 in the front office from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Seniors who are not attending graduation will need to fill out the Non-Attending Graduation Form by Monday, May 23. Those whose guests have Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations will have to complete the request form in the Class of 2024 Canvas page under graduation information. Up to two members of a party can be seated in the ADA section and the form must be done by May 23 at 3.00 p.m.