Paragon

Men’s varsity swim team competes at their second meet of the season

On Sept. 11 The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Men’s varsity swim team participated in their second meet of the season due to last week’s cancellation due to Hurricane Dorian. They competed with honor and dignity out of respect for the attacks that took place on 9/11. The team went up against South Broward High School and West Broward High School. The meet took place in Hollywood, Florida.

The Eagles won the meet, 49-45 against West Broward and South Broward. Overall the performance of the team was amped to the highest it has ever been. Crowds were rooting and wooing, the support was making waves in the 25-meter pool.  

“Great way to continue the season.” Team caption Guillermo Barrios said. “The second meet was a success, everyone stepped up their game and gave it their all.” 

So far, the MSD men’s swim team remains undefeated sitting high on the nest. With high expectations, they will compete against Piper High School and St.Thomas High School at the plantation aquatic complex.