Stoneman Douglas brings home win against Taravella

On Sep. 20, Stoneman Douglas Eagles took the field and won the annual Pig Bowl against Coral Springs High by the score of 41-19.

Two weeks later, on Oct. 4, the undefeated Eagles went up against Taravella high school to grab their fifth win.

This in-division rivalry matchup began well for the Eagles and continued with a consistent offensive attack throughout the game.

Up 21-0 at half time and progressing with momentum, MSD won by a final score of 35-13. Stoneman Douglas showed no mercy, advancing to 5-0 on the year.

“The game meant everything to us after them beating us in a super emotional game last year,” said senior Ryan Schroy (34). “We came into their house this time and ruined their homecoming which was the best medicine for a loss that still hurts.”

This win is yet another statement towards the ultimate goal of playoff and championship glory. “Being 5-0 just gives us a great platform to be 6-0 and to keep working hard,” said Schroy.

Next up for MSD is a homecoming matchup with West Broward High at Cumber Stadium. on Friday, Oct. 11 starting at 7:00 p.m.