MSD varsity hockey pulls out late win vs. Boca High in emotionally charged bout

Just four days after an 8-2 explosion against South Broward, the MSD Eagles varsity hockey team looked to roll again against Boca High.

However, this game presented itself with a unique set of circumstances as the funeral of the father of former Eagle Adrian Ganaim was the same time as the game on Friday.

This meant that much of the hockey squad would be absent and with just 12 suited up, MSD would have to dig deep to pull out a win against the Bobcats of Boca High. 

They did just that.

After mounting a 2-0 lead in a matter of minutes, MSD gave back two quick ones in the second period, putting the teams at an even tie going into the last period.

However, MSD rallied to take a one goal lead. Adding a late empty netter on top, Douglas sealed the win 4-2.

“Our resilience, even when short handed, proved that we are one as a team and work together to win big games like tonight,” junior Corey Bukowski (68) said.

MSD’s next game will take place on Monday, Nov. 18 at Pines Ice Arena against SW Broward.