Tough loss to NBP snaps MSD hockey’s seven game win streak

North Broward Prep is always a tough rival for MSD Varsity hockey.

There is always an extra bit of anticipation for this matchup and this year was no different; MSD came into the game riding a seven game win streak, raising the stakes fairly high for this matchup.

Turning out to be a bit of a dog fight, Stoneman Douglas and NBP were tied at 3-3, going into the third period.

Unfortunately for MSD, the boys from North Broward were able to net a pair of late goals and best the Eagles by a score of 5-3.

The first loss for the Eagles since October, the fall to NBP culminated the hot streak that has given Stoneman Douglas Hockey hopes for the playoffs.

“This is a tough loss for us as we have a rivalry with these guys and they just took a big one from us. We’ll have to pay them back when we get them again next month,” Senior Sam Hendler (13) said.

The optimism and desire for revenge that the MSD players are showing in response to the loss are the marks of a great team which is what they hope to become this year.

The next matchup for the Eagles is a 9:30 bout with Archbishop McCarthy at the Ice Den on Dec. 9.

MSD will look to start a new winning streak in the wake of their recent loss.