• February 28MSD to have a modified schedule for Wednesday, Feb. 28 following hour-long evacuation due to bomb threat
  • February 28MSD allows students back on campus at 10:11 a.m. following all clear by Broward Sheriff's Office; students return to fifth period
  • February 28MSD evacuates to Cumber Stadium at 8:38 a.m. due to bomb threat

Eagles Varsity Hockey dominates Spanish River

With a season record of 10-5-1, MSD looked to get back on the winning track as they took on Spanish River on Monday, Jan.13 at the Ice Den.

This was this season’s first matchup against Spanish River and they will see the Sharks again in the final game of the season as well.

MSD blew right by Spanish River en route to a 7-4 all-in attack on the offensive side.

After a breathtaking 1-1, that saw MSD on top until the penultimate minute of the game against rival North Broward Prep and a letdown loss to division rival Cypress Bay, Stoneman Douglas knew they had to change the culture and that they did.

This colossal win puts MSD right back where they need to be at 11-5-1. 

“We’re right back on track for the goals we have had all season long, so yeah it’s a great feeling,” senior Sam Hendler (13) said.

The next game for the Stoneman Douglas Eagles will be against Archbishop McCarthy as these teams face off for the third time this season on Friday, Jan. 24.

MSD has only three more matches before they enter the playoffs.