Fall festivities: what you can do to ring in the fall season

Dhaanya Balaji

Fun fall. There are a wide range of activities to enjoy this fall such as attending different fall festivals or carving a pumpkin from a pumpkin patch. Many food chains have already released their fall menu, ensuring that everyone can get into the fall season.

Dhaanya Balaji, Associate Design Editor

This fall, many activities are brought local for individuals to participate in, such as pumpkin patches, movies, pumpkin spice drinks, fall flavored treats and much more.

One festive activity that people can participate in this fall is attending an interactive candle making experience at Candle Land. They have three locations for students to choose from: Wynwood, Ft. Lauderdale and Coral Gables. For 55 dollars, guests can create personalized candles with selective scents and colors that can match the fall essence; they offer the perfect pumpkin and cinnamon scents to make your entire home smell like fall.

Another hallmark of the fall season are pumpkin patches. Throughout the community, numerous patches have already opened. On Oct. 22, the Parkland Pumpkin Patch is opening at the Equestrian Center from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekends and 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on weekdays. There will be a petting zoo, face painting, photo sections, games and an area for guests to buy pumpkins. Another local pumpkin patch is Pumpkin Towne. After attending the patch, guests can use any purchased pumpkin to carve Jack-O-Lanterns.

Students can also attend Bedner’s Farm Fresh Market in Boynton Beach, which has a wide range of activities to enjoy. Alongside a large pumpkin patch, students can see animals, go on a tractor ride, explore the corn maze and walk through a sunflower field. Guests can order fall themed foods like cider doughnuts and drinks like frozen apple cider. Attendees can get the full experience of the pumpkin patch along with the other activities hosted and something to eat.

The Second Annual Pumpkins & Palm Trees Fall Fest will open on Oct. 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Las Olas Oceanside Park. The event will consist of local vendors holding different fall themed products, live fall foods cooking demonstrations, competitions like pie making contests and guests walking around with costumes on. The event also has a pumpkin patch along with photo stations. The stations include carnival style games and other arts and craft activities. Participants can enjoy their Sunday in the fall spirit by enjoying food, games and more.

With Halloween just around the corner, individuals can go to movie theaters and watch scary movies to get in the fall mood. Movies that have recently come out are Don’t Worry Darling, Pearl, Smile and Hocus Pocus 2. These movies are perfect for fall because they grasp the elements of October and Halloween. They can also watch movies on demand and on subscription services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max and Prime. People can enjoy their time with friends by watching classic Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus, Scream or The Nightmare Before Christmas

As the 31st inches closer, students need proper Halloween attire. Local stores like Spirit Halloween, Party City, and Halloween City have costumes available for individuals to wear. The stores offer online orders and shipments, or in person purchasing to make it easy for students to find their preferred costume.

Halloween Horror Nights is an annual event that many do to celebrate the holiday. The event consists of ten haunted houses with themes like The Weeknd-After Hours Nightmare and The Horrors of Blum House. This is a great way for individuals to spend a few spooky nights together.

As fall settles in, individuals can decorate their homes and rooms to further submerge themselves in the fall spirit. can purchase items such as wreaths and vines with autumn leaves, fake pumpkins and fall themed pillows.Those who choose to decorate can find decorations at shops like Target, Walmart and HomeGoods.

Lastly, people can enjoy fall themed foods. Starbucks offers a large fall themed menu that individuals can enjoy. As of now, their fall menu consists of their famous Pumpkin Spice Latte and Macchiato, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato. Their fall foods consist of an Owl Cake Pop, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin and Pumpkin Scone.

Other coffee shops like Dunkin have a special fall menu that can be ordered from. People can purchase drinks like their Pumpkin Spice Signature Latte, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and their new Nutty Pumpkin Coffee. Other options consist of a Glazed Pumpkin Cake Donut, Pumpkin Munchkin Donut Hole Treats and Maple Bacon items.

During the transition from summer to fall, stores have started incorporating fall elements into their shops. For example, Trader Joe’s has fall foods like pumpkin spice hummus and bisque. They also have Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli and Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese. These are just a few of the many autumn foods available.

Fall themed foods do not just have to be bought, they can even be homemade. Individuals can have a fall themed get together where they bake or bring in fall treats. These sweets can include apple pie or crumble,brookies, peanut butter fudge and maple walnut fudge. For more ideas and recipes, visit Easy Fall Desserts.

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is hosting a few events for Halloween. For example, the National Honors Society chapter is hosting a Trunk Or Treat, where members can decorate their trunks for service hours. Other clubs, such as Key Club and, will host fall themed meetings in the near future.

Overall, there are many local and fun activities to engage in this fall. Individuals have pumpkin patches, fairs, spooky movies, decorating their homes or rooms and many fall themed drinks and treats to try. They also can go to theme parks, school related events, purchase costumes and more. These are all great ways to spend one’s fall by relaxing and feeling enrobed in the essence of fall. Period pooh.