[Brief] JV Football team beats Cypress Bay

The Junior Varsity Men’s Football team faced off against Cypress Bay on Sept. 14. The final score was 24-12, giving Douglas the victory, and the JV team their first win of the season after a loss a bye their previous two weeks.

“We played really well, we played through all four quarters and never stopped pushing for the win,” sophomore linebacker Robert Manachescu said. “We practiced all throughout the bye week working on technique, basics, and physicality to prepare for Cypress Bay.”

The team had a rushing touchdown from sophomore fullback Walincove Mompremier and the team converted on 2 point conversion. The 2 point conversion was a short run by quarterback Andrew Franklin. Douglas’ other two touchdowns came from a receiving touchdown by sophomore wide receivers Blake Smith and Christian Alcocer. The JV team went for two more 2 point conversions as well one being off a quick screen and the other being pitch to kicker Mason Hall who ran it in. The defense also locked Cypress Bay down in the second half by not letting Cypress Bay score.