[Brief] MSD students prepare for PSAT on Oct. 11

On Wednesday, Oct. 11, Marjory Stoneman Douglas will be assessing the PSAT/NMSQT. This will be the first time it is being assessed digitally and has few changes from the previous year. Freshman and sophomores are automatically registered to take the test. Juniors that are taking the test have previously signed up and paid for it for $12 on the e-store so they can be considered for the National Merit Scholarship.

Students should arrive at school at normal start time, 7:40 a.m., and then report to their assigned testing room. Testing rooms were posted outside of the cafeteria for students to find.

With the implementation of the new digital format, when the test starts students will have to download a software called Bluebook on their computer to support the test. The test will be two hours and fifteen minutes in length which will include a reading and writing section as well as a math section.

After the test is complete, students who bring in the early sign out form along with a copy of one of their parent’s driver’s license will be able to leave school. Those who stay at school after the exam will attend their four periods of silver day for a shortened period of time.