[Brief] MSD’s clubs to take pictures in December

On Monday, Dec. 4 and Monday, Dec. 11, 95 of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School’s sports and extracurricular activities clubs will have their pictures taken for the school yearbook in the auditorium. Different classes, like DECA and Speech and Debate, will also be having their pictures taken.

The clubs will give their members passes to be excused from classes to take pictures according to different time slots throughout the school day. Cady Studios will be providing the photographers and equipment needed. Most students are members of multiple clubs, meaning that they must leave their classes multiple times.

“I am doing club pictures because it’s a big part of the school that deserves to be covered correctly,” junior and yearbook club editor Sydney Moed said.

Club pictures in yearbooks are also a way for students to remember the memories made at MSD.. They allow students to channel their hobbies, passions and interests. Some even do outstandingly well in them, earning leadership positions for the next school year. Students also join clubs because they will benefit the students’ performances in different classes.

“[Taking club pictures] is beneficial to the school because it shows the diversity of students and their talents and interests,” Moed said. “Club pictures also show how accomplished the students of our school are in extracurriculars.”

The yearbook will showcase the diverse students of MSD. The club pictures featured in it is a great way to show the many skills and abilities the students have.