[Brief] Men’s bowling team beats Piper High School

Senior Scott Hafetz set to bowl for a spare. Photo courtesy of Ryan Schachter
Senior Scott Hafetz set to bowl for a spare.
Photo courtesy of Ryan Schachter

On Tuesday, Oct. 17, the men’s bowling team bounce back from last week’s loss as they defeat Piper High School in the last game of the season at Sawgrass Lanes.

The team’s performance were among the strongest of the season. The team’s win was led by senior Cameron Price’s average of 210 pins and Ben Campanella’s 203 pins in the first game. Overall, their scores contributed to the team score of 896 pins in the first game and 897 pins in the second. The men have gotten consistently better as the season progressed and this recent win shows that they are ready for districts next week.

“We started off really hot, but then cooled off a bit. We then regained our composure for the baker game and pulled out the win,” captain Ryan Schachter said. “We’re excited for districts next week and hopefully we’ll go on and make it to states.”

The next match will take place at Sawgrass Lanes, Oct. 24 at 3:30 p.m. in their first districts game.