[Brief] Men’s junior varsity baseball team shuts out Monarch High School in first game of doubleheader

On March 2, the men’s junior varsity baseball team went up against the Monarch High School Knights in the first game of their doubleheader.

The final score of the game was 10-0. The Eagles outscored the Knights and took the win. The Eagles played to win all game especially offensively getting multiple clutch hits. The whole team did their part and everyone hit good and played good defense.

“Everyone on the team did really good for being our first game and I am happy how we completed the whole time and did not let up,” coach Max Boling said.

The starting pitcher for the Eagles was Aiden Williams (18), who is a left handed sophomore. Williams is looking forward to having a strong year so he can make a big impact on the varsity level next year. He, along with pitcher Derek Rodriguez (12), helped hold the Knights to zero runs.

“I am trying to be a good leader and help out my team a lot this year to get ready when we play on varsity,” catcher Chris Mckenna (24) says.

On March. 9, the team will play against West Broward High School.