• February 28MSD to have a modified schedule for Wednesday, Feb. 28 following hour-long evacuation due to bomb threat
  • February 28MSD allows students back on campus at 10:11 a.m. following all clear by Broward Sheriff's Office; students return to fifth period
  • February 28MSD evacuates to Cumber Stadium at 8:38 a.m. due to bomb threat

[Brief] MSD announces 2023 midterm information

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School announced the midterm schedule for the 2023 school year on the MSD Guidance Canvas course. Midterm testing will take place from Tuesday, Dec. 19 to Friday. Dec. 22 from 7:40 a.m. through 11:40 a.m.

On Monday, school will be a regular burgundy day. From Tuesday to Friday, the first midterm will be held from 7:40 a.m. to 9:35 a.m. The second midterm will be held from 9:45 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. From 11:40 a.m. to 11:50 a.m., boxed lunch will be offered. Buses will arrive at 11:50 a.m.

On Tuesday, there will be exams for periods one and two. On Wednesday, there will be exams for period three and period four. On Thursday, there will be exams for periods five and six and on Friday, there will be exams for periods seven and eight.

Unlike last year, students do not need to fill out an exemption form to be dismissed early from campus as soon as they are finished with their exam. Absences from study hall or exempted classes will not affect the 10-10-10 rule. Additionally, students are instructed to attend class because there will be no holding rooms.

Exemption request forms will be available on the school website starting on Dec. 6 and must be submitted by Dec. 13 at 2:45 p.m. In order to be qualified to exempt a class, a student must have a B average or higher in Quarters One and Two in the class. If requirements are met, students may exempt up to three classes. AP and EOC class midterms are mandatory.