• February 28MSD to have a modified schedule for Wednesday, Feb. 28 following hour-long evacuation due to bomb threat
  • February 28MSD allows students back on campus at 10:11 a.m. following all clear by Broward Sheriff's Office; students return to fifth period
  • February 28MSD evacuates to Cumber Stadium at 8:38 a.m. due to bomb threat

[Brief] DECA holds networking event at MSD

At Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the Distributive Education Clubs of America will be holding a networking event after school on Jan. 31 at 5:30 p.m. in the media center.

The event is held with the Parkland Chamber of Commerce, who will help DECA students with their networking skills. Students will be able to talk, meet and network with various members of the commerce.

Students get to meet and listen to people of different professions which can be a beneficial learning experience for them.

The Chamber of Commerce will also be providing pizza for those attending the event.

The DECA class helps prepare students to learn about finance, marketing, hospitality and management skills and this event will help DECA students get a better understanding of marketing and their future career paths as they can learn from those in that position.

Students learning from these business workers will help them better understand the work they are learning in the class as it guides them to being the new leaders of this country. Students can put their skills in leadership and networking to use as they gain more knowledge from the Chamber of commerce.