Aubrey Kasen (16) tries to block Calvary Chrisitan Academy. The MSD Lady Eagles won against Calvary on Wednesday March 20. They took the lead from the beginning and came out on top with a final score of 20-11.

MSD women’s varsity lacrosse achieves another win in the 2023-2024 season

The Marjory Stoneman Douglas varsity women’s lacrosse team played Calvary Christian Academy on March 20 at Cumber Stadium. With an ending score of 20 – 11, the MSD Eagles beat the Calvary Christian Eagles.

The game took place after their win against Nova Southeastern University on Tuesday, March 19 with a final score of 19-10. As they are approaching the end of the season, 11 games have been played by the Lady Eagles and 9 out of 11 were wins.

“The team played very well, we passed and communicated a lot and I hope we can come out with another two wins to end the season off right,” defender Samantha Shortz said.

From the beginning, the MSD Eagles held the lead. The MSD Eagles women’s lacrosse team has won 4 home games. From the start of the second to last home game for the 2023-2024 season. The MSD Eagles scored in the first 3 minutes to make the score 2-0.

“From the start of the game, I think the team communicated well, and we played very well. The strategy we used worked and I’m happy the turnout went as we planned. As the next two games approach we are striving for a good season,” defender Aubrey Kasen (16) said.

Throughout the game, attacker Kaitlyn Irwin (3) scored 8 goals total helping to put the eagles in the lead through the entire game. Irwin was announced the player of the Mar. 20 game against Calvary securing her second title this season.

“It was a huge team effort and I’m glad we were all able to come together as one to end the game.” defense Gia Capistrano said.

Captain Taylor McGovern (4) came out with 8 assists as well as 9 shots on goal. She helped to score a total of 12 goals throughout the game. Captain Stephanie Bilsky (25) had a total of 1 goal as well as an assist, scoring two points throughout the game.

“I’m excited to end my last season with amazing plays and hope to see the MSD lady eagles lacrosse in the right direction,” Bilsky said.

With the last two games of the season approaching, their next game will be an away game on Tuesday, April 2 against Park Vista.