• March 10Most MSD World Language competitors place in respective categories at district competition on Saturday, March 9
  • March 8Hospitality teacher Mitchell Albert named Broward CTE Teacher of the Year
  • March 7MSD culinary team places seventh at state competition
  • March 4MSD Literary Magazine Artifex named finalist for a Pacemaker by National Scholastic Press Association
  • March 4Wrestler Gaby Caro places first at state championship for second state title; wrestlers David Leiva and Rocco Duygulu placed third and sixth, respectively

Girls golf team gets second place at districts

On Oct. 17, 2017 Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ girls golf team competed in the district tournament at the Delray Beach Golf Club. Collectively, the team scored 372 points, earning them second place.

“The girls golf team played very well.A strong showing from senior Amanda Okulanis and junior Allie Schuller helped propel the team to a qualifying score of 372,” Coach Devin Schaller said.

Amanda Okulanis scored 37 and 40 points for a total of 77 points. While, Allie Schuller had 45 and 37 finishing with a 83 total. Natalie Toops scored 45 and 48 for a total of 93. Lastly, Sara Ochoa had 59 and 60 with a total of 199.

The girls played all 18 holes. Okulanis hit almost every fairway and green in regulation to lead the tournament with a score of 77.

“Schuller fought hard on the back nine, scoring 37 points in order to come in with a solid 83,” Schaller said.

The team will be traveling to Okeeheelee Golf Club on Oct. 24 for regionals, where they will compete for a qualifying spot in the state tournament.