The Shish Tawook at La Marsa consisted of chicken, rice and pickles. The Arab dish is filled with an assortment of warm spices.

La Marsa provides exquisite Mediterranean flavors that leaves consumers wanting more

Nestled in the heart of a bustling city, a charming restaurant has been making waves in the culinary scene. In order to experience the warm feeling of Mediterranean culture, La Marsa is a must visit. The restaurant, located in Coral Springs, opened in Aug. 2023 and has already made itself a staple to the area.

The culture is embodied in the walls of the restaurant through its many beautiful Arabic designs and artistic paintings. Soft lighting and the gentle hum of Mediterranean music creates a cozy and charming setting for diners to enjoy. La Marsa features a sit-down dining for guests to enjoy their meals. The customer service was very welcoming as the staff were ready to come help the customers.

What truly distinguishes La Marsa is its remarkable menu, which features a mouthwatering array of Mediterranean dishes that showcase the rich and diverse flavors of the region. I started with a pita bread and garlic paste appetizer. Every entree comes with its own complimentary garlic paste. The garlic paste added a savory taste to the dishes and left a feeling of satisfaction after finishing.

Following the appetizer, I tried the chicken shawarma entree, which was rich in flavor and spice. The shawarma is filled with well marinated chicken and pickles. The chicken shawarma had incredibly well-seasoned meat that was delightful. However, the portion size is quite small, leaving a craving for more of the delicious dish.

The next dish I ordered was the Shish Tawook, which consists of boneless, skewered chicken covered in yogurt, lemon juice and garlic. The Shish Tawook was $22.99. The pricing of the dish is fairly reasonable because it is very big and it was filling. However, the Shish Tawook was slightly overcooked and dry, which took away from the overall taste and enjoyment of the dish.

La Marsa succeeded in delivering the authentic flavors of the Mediterranean. Its use of fresh and quality ingredients and wide array of dishes were impressive. Its higher price point may not be budget-friendly for everyone, as the quality of ingredients may increase the price and portion sizes may not be favorable. Yet, with its delicious menu, warm atmosphere and top-notch service, it is a restaurant everyone must go to.