[Brief] MSD to host “SAT on a School Day” on March 6

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is hosting a “SAT on a School Day” for juniors on Wednesday, March 6. All MSD juniors were automatically registered for this SAT, and it will count as any other SAT would.

Typically, SATs and ACTs occur on a Saturday morning at 8 a.m. during select months and cost $60 and $68, respectively. Students did not have to pay for this SAT.

All juniors should have received a room assignment, posted outside the cafeteria on Monday, March 4. All standard time testing rooms will be in the 1500s building, and extended time rooms will take place in the 900s building.

Testing coordinator Matt Winans attempted to keep standard time students with their first period teachers as their proctor. However, only teachers with a first or second period class with over 50% being juniors will be proctoring. This means some students will be placed with a different proctor.

This SAT marks the first digital SAT administered to MSD students; December 2023 was the last paper SAT. MSD juniors were previously given a digital PSAT in November 2023 to prepare students for the changes to the digital SAT.

Both the digital PSAT and SAT take place on the digital application “Bluebook.” On the digital tests, the reading passages are shortened and only coordinate to one question, the math section is entirely calculator and the sections are adaptive.

All future SATs will be digital.