[Brief] MSD students prepare for PSAT on Oct. 12

Alison LaTorre, Associate Editor-in-Chief

Freshman, sophomore and select juniors will be taking the mandatory PSAT at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Wednesday, Oct. 12. Select juniors will be taking the PSAT in an attempt to qualify for a National Merit Scholarship. Those juniors had to sign up and pay a fee of $12, both done through the estore.

Students are able to find their testing room locations on the walls outside the media center and the cafeteria. All information on testing locations, materials and study help can be found on the PSAT portal located on Canvas.

Since the majority of the school day is designated for testing, students who are taking the PSAT will be able to fill out the early sign out authorization form located on the school website. This year, administration announced they will be strict with the required documents and students must, with zero exception, have a printed copy of a parent or guardian’s license along with the form. On testing days in previous years, administration would accept photos instead of printed copies; however, as sent out on Remind class pages, it must be a printed version.

Along with the information on the PSAT portal, students can prepare through various forms like Khan Academy, or even workbooks sold online.

For students not taking the PSAT will be in the auditorium receiving a presentation on 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. After the exam is over, which is estimated to be before fourth period would begin, all students who are not signing out early will attend fourth period as usual.