[Brief] MSD hosts annual Curriculum Night on Feb. 9

Ashveen Saini, Social Media Editor

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School will be holding their annual “Curriculum Night” on Thursday, Feb. 9 for rising freshmen. Eighth grade students who will attend MSD next year and their parents will be able to learn information about MSD and the programs they offer.

The Pre-Program meetings will start at 5:00 p.m., which include the Exceptional Student Education informational meeting that will be held in room 211 and the Gifted informational meeting that will be held in the media center.

The Curriculum Night will officially start at 6:00 p.m. for the Class of 2027. There will be a general meeting in the auditorium from 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. After the general meeting, students and parents will be able to meet the Department Heads in the Mini Gym to answer questions about the academic programs offered at MSD.

Along with that, students and parents will be able to ask teachers questions about specific programs such as Culinary, ROTC, Band, Orchestra, Drama, Athletics, Peer Counseling, Yearbook, Newspaper, Drama, Academy of Finance and many more. Students of these programs will be able to advertise aspects of their program to the eighth graders so they can decide if they are interested and would like to try it in high school.

On the day of Curriculum Night, Feb. 9, 8th graders will be receiving their course cards. The event will help them understand their course cards and possibly decide what courses to select for the next school year.

Students will be able to use the Curriculum Night to interact with teachers and programs at MSD so they can decide their course selections for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year.