Quinn Braun
Three MSD volleyball players prepare to receive a serve from the opposing team. The JV team is undefeated in the 2023 season.

MSD junior varsity womens’ volleyball team declares victory against Fort Lauderdale High School

On Wednesday, Sept. 13, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School women’s junior varsity volleyball team hosted a home game against Fort Lauderdale High School. The Eagles dominated the Flying L’s in two sets, making sure their opponents never got the chance to make a comeback. The Eagles are planning to keep their winning streak for the rest of the season.

During the first set, Eagles quickly gained early points to get ahead and start the game off strong.

The Eagles made great plays and worked with each other in order to take the lead.

The game continued on as middle Lindsay Rogalla (7) had an unreturnable serving streak to earn multiple points for her team, acquiring a lead of 14-7. Not long after, setter Gracy Fraysure (2) had a great kill to win one of their final points, resulting in a score of 25-11 in the first set.

“I think this game I played better than I have in the past games,” outside hitter Samantha Orr (9) said. There was a lot more energy and we made less mistakes. So I definitely think I’ve played pretty well today compared to the other games.”

To start off the second set, Eagles took the lead and were easily able to take control of the game. When Ft. Lauderdale did win a few points, Eagle fought back and setter Gracy Fraysure (2) had an unpredictable tip to get back their streak.

Soon enough, the second set came to an end and the Eagles defeated the Flying L’s 25-7.

“We did really well. It’s been hard with all the new girls to get connected, but I feel like we really clicked as a team today,” Orr said.

The Eagles left the gym very confident about how they played today and are looking forward to continuing their winning streak for the rest of the season.

“The team was amazing,” Coach Aidan Gidon said. This was probably one of their best games of the season. We have amazing talent on the team. Everybody’s playing really well. And I’m excited to take this team to the next level by the end of the season.”

Their next upcoming game is Monday, Sept. 18 against Flanagan High School. Their record is currently 6-0, with hopes to continue their unbroken chain of successes.

“Everyone should come out and support the Eagles, we appreciate all the support we can get,” middle Lindsay Rogalla (7) said. “The cheer from the crowd gives us the confidence we need in order to continue winning.”

The Eagles hope to win their next game to raise their record and make it all the way to the championship.

\