Paragon

[Brief] MSD Named AP College Board Honor Roll Award Recipient

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was recognized for student success in College Board’s Advanced Placement program School Honor Roll, earning MSD silver distinction.

AP School Honor Roll is known to recognize schools who have AP programs that deliver results to students while broadening access. Schools are able to earn recognition on a yearly basis, based on the criteria that reflects great commitment to increasing the college-attending culture. AP provides students with the opportunity to earn college credits, maximizing modern students’ college readiness.

According to the press release, MSD had 62% of seniors take at least one AP exam during high school, with about 49% scoring a three or higher (passing). 23% of seniors have taken five or more AP exams throughout their high school careers.

AP classes allow for students to not only gain college credit before being admitted to any college, but it allows for them to prepare for college and become more accustomed to the curriculum.