Beauty Behind the Madness: The Weeknd’s Diverse Masterpiece

Last Friday, August 28th, 2015, Abel Tesfaye, better known as The Weeknd, blessed the world with a 13-track masterpiece. Beauty Behind The Madness, his first album since Kiss Land, debuting in 2013, offers a versatile set of tracks for both Pop, and R&B lovers. 

On this album, The Weeknd maintains his profound lyrical style, while submerging himself into a new sound, resembling an electric tune or a heavy guitar riff. Though, Tesfaye decides to experiment with some things on this album, he still keeps true to his soulful and sultry ways, with songs like “Acquainted” and “The Hills.” Also, The Weeknd showcases a Michael Jackson influence with songs like, “Can’t Feel My Face” and “In the Night.”

He has also expanded his creative partners with the likes of Lana Del Rey on “Prisoner”, Labrinth on “Losers”, and Ed Sheeran on “Dark Times”, depicting the prominence The Weeknd has gained in the past few years.

The Weeknd manages to live up to the expectations of his original fans, while drawing in new ones with his modernized new sound.  As a die-hard fan from his “Trilogy” days, this album just shows the world how authentic and diverse The Weeknd can be.

There is not one track on this album that disappoints. If you haven’t listened to it yet, you’re definitely missing out on one of the biggest album of the year.

View Comments (1)
$655
$1200

$655
$1200

• R

robertSep 25, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Dope

Reply